Help & Services
Printing and Faxing Guidelines
All libraries have coin-operated copy machines. Copies are $.10 each and $.25 per page for color. Printing costs $.10 per B&W copy, and $.25 per page for color. Fax service is done during business hours, up until one half-hour before closing. Faxing is available free of charge.
3D printing, located at the Eastlake Branch, will be conducted by trained Library staff using library owned materials. We are printing on a Prusa mk3s i3 with PLA filament. Many variable affect print time including size, detail, infill, and supports. The colors of filament at the library are subject to change. Please inquire at the reference desk. Staff reserves the right to reject any objects which are:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights.
- Patrons with a WEPL card in good standing may submit an electronic file in stl format to be printed.
- Maximum object size is 6 inches by 6 inches by 6 inches or 8 hours.
- Cost is $1.00 per hour the library will round to the ¼ of an hour. (including time spent on failed prints)
- The patron is responsible for object design. Staff will not edit files beyond re-sizing and adding supports. Staff will leave supports on the finished print for the patron to remove.
- Staff will make 3 attempts to print. After those attempts, we will email you that the print failed. You will charged for time spent.
- The Library cannot guarantee object quality or stability, or confidentiality of designs. The Library is not liable for objects which prove to be functionally faulty, defective, or unsafe in their use.
- The Printer has 3 resolution settings: Draft= .3 mm layers, standard = .15 mm layers, and detail = .1mm layers.
How It Works
- Patrons may find a design on websites like Thingiverse, my mini factory, or youmagine. These sites have many designs for purchase or for free.
- Patrons may also create their own design with websites like TinkerCAD or Mesh mixer.
- Patrons can submit a stl file to Eastlake library staff by emailing it to [email protected]
- Information to include in Email:
- Your Name, phone number, Library card number, print size, print resolution, color, and stl file.
- Staff will email you back with an estimate of time and cost of printing. Once you confirm, staff will place your printing job in the queue. Staff will contact that patron when the print is finished.
- Printing may take some time to complete depending on printing quee.
- If the printed object is not picked up within 14 days after staff has contacted the patron, the cost of printing will be added as a fine to the library account and the object will be discarded.