Help & Services
The Willoughby Eastlake Public Library offers free limited Notary Public service Monday through Saturday during regular library hours, ending 30 minutes prior to closing. Please call in advance to verify that a notary is available.
- The person signing the document must appear in person.
- Please bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and unsigned documents to be notarized. Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary in order to be valid (ORC Section 147).
- Please complete all information above the signature line completely.
- Patrons must bring their own witnesses, if needed. The library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library.
- Documents to be notarized must be in English.
- Documents to be notarized must contain a Notary Public jurat or acknowledgement.
- The library provides only basic Notary Public services and will notarize no more than 3 documents per person per visit.
- The Library’s free notary service is intended for simple documents (auto titles, etc.) that do not require specialized expertise. Documents we will not notarize:
- Real estate transactions including mortgage and housing refinance documents, including Quit Claim Deeds
- Notary protests
- Employment eligibility verification, Homeland Security I-9 Forms
- Documents written in any language other than English
- Auto titles without buyer address and name (state law requires this section be completed, regardless of circumstance). Seller must be present.
- No electronic notarizations
We reserve the right to refuse notarizing documents for any reason. We reserve the right to decline service in cases that raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity or doubt.
Note: In the State of Ohio, notaries cannot certify documents. We cannot certify copies of passports, driver’s licenses, birth certificates, marriages, death certificates, divorce, or naturalization certificates.
No legal advice or assistance filling out forms is provided. Contact an attorney for help.