1 on 1 Tech Tutor at W-E Library
One-on-one sessions are available once a month at each library location. Our library staff will answer your basic technology questions related to the following topics:
- Downloading ebook, audiobooks and magazines using Libby/Overdrive
- Downloading magazines using Flipster
- Using the Kanopy and Hoopla app to access ebooks, music & movies
- Accessing databases such as Ancestry.com & Consumer Reports
- Using your iPad, Android, or Kindle tablet
- Using Windows 10
- Setting up an email account
- Searching the web
- Using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
Please Note: These sessions are intended for educational purposes only. We do not remove viruses, run software updates, diagnosis errors, download/purchase computer software, or repair computers. Additionally, we are unable to assist with specialized software such as Quickbooks, Photoshop, or AutoCAD.
Summer 2020 Tech Tutoring
Thursdays: May 14, Jun 11, July 9, Aug 13
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Mondays: May 18, Jun 15, Jul 20, Aug 17
Saturdays: May 9, Jun 13, Jul 11, Aug 17
9:00 – 11:00 am
Wednesdays: May 20, Jun 17, Jul 15, Aug 19
10:00 am – 12 pm
To get the most out of your Tech Tutor session:
- Please have all usernames and passwords ready. (email, app store, social media,)
- Please have all connecting and power cords with you for your device.
- Please schedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance so we can prepare for your session.
Call the library to schedule a 30 minute session. Appointments are required. Due to high demand, sessions are limited to once per month and a total of 2 per quarter. We have a variety of Tech Tutors, please understand you may not see the same person each session.