1 on 1 Tech Tutor at W-E Library
One-on-one sessions are available once a month at each library location. Our library staff will answer your basic technology questions related to the following topics:
- Downloading ebooks & audiobooks using Overdrive
- Downloading magazines using Flipster
- Using the Hoopla app to access music & movies
- Accessing databases such as Ancestry.com & Consumer Reports
- Using your iPad, Android, or Kindle tablet
- Using Windows 7, 8, 10
- Setting up an email account
- Searching the web
- Using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
Please Note: These sessions are intended for educational purposes only. We do not remove viruses, run software updates, diagnosis errors, download/purchase computer software, or repair computers. Additionally, we are unable to assist with specialized software such as Quickbooks, Photoshop, or AutoCAD.
Tech Tutor sessions will resume in September 2019.
To get the most out of your Tech Tutor session:
- Please have all usernames and passwords ready. (email, app store, social media,)
- Please have all connecting and power cords with you for your device.
- Please schedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance so we can prepare for your session.
Call the library to schedule a 30 minute session. Appointments are required. Due to high demand, sessions are limited to once per month and a total of 2 per quarter. We have a variety of Tech Tutors, please understand you may not see the same person each session.