The Willoughby-Eastlake Public library is pleased to offer its cardholders access to Lynda.com’s online platform of over 6,000 on-demand courses. Lynda.com usually requires a monthly paid subscription, but as a WEPL library cardholder you can access Lynda.com content from any computer with an Internet connection simply by entering your library card barcode and 4-digit PIN.
Once you have logged into lynda.com with your library barcode you must create a personalized lynda.com account by entering your name and e-mail address. This account can help you manage your course history, playlists, bookmarks, and Certificates of Completion.
Watch a quick overview video of how to use lynda.com here.
Don’t have a library card? Click here to apply online.
What is lynda.com?
Lynda.com is an online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills. Choose from more than 6,000 on-demand courses. Courses are taught by passionate instructors with real world experience. All Lynda.com courses are broken into short videos, so you can focus on a key topic of interest. Microlearning, or watching small snippets of longer courses, helps you gain knowledge
across numerous subjects.
- Productivity software: Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Quickbooks, and Google Drive
- Business and management skills: hiring, project management, sales, and customer service
- Creative skills: photography, illustration, filmaking
- Design software: CAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom
- Coding skills: HTML, CSS, Python, MySQL, jQuery